Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Saturday Keokuk Farmers Market Experience

I packed the car and said a prayer Friday night. Saturday morning I did NOT wake up to any screaming and vomiting babies, so I ran for the door. Gus joined me on my 6 o'clock endeavor. We drove to the mall and set up our little table. I realized too late that I forgot the end tables (I currently own only one portable table) so my display was rather small. But we made the most of it.

For all the trouble I've had making it there--we've either been out of town, sick, or had prior commitments--it wasn't very successful. But I made $10 and got a custom order (Coming Soon: S's prairie girl outfit!), so all in all, it was a good morning. I kept hearing that it was a slow morning for the vendors. I certainly hope so, as I hope to return next weekend and do a little better.

It was a little chilly, so Gus got to wear his winter weather gear. Check out the ears on that hood! He slept in the car for a LONG time, and donned cooler duds when he woke up. It warmed up pretty quick, but that was a chilly pre-dawn!

No comments: