Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Big Fun Weekend Success Story!

As promised, my commissioned prairie girl outfit! Well, S's outfit, now. I made this whole thing--bonnet, dress, petticoat, and apron--in about 5 or 6 hours. Not straight, of course, as the husband and children do not allow such a thing. It's very similar to the Thresher's outfit that I made for Rhyl, but this bonnet is more authentic. All in all, I'm very happy with how a couple hours' impromptu work turned out! And I was SO happy to have a custom order!! If I could sew for a living, I would in a heartbeat. This project brought the reality of being paid to sew just a little bit closer. This, paired with more interest in my etsy site, have been SO exciting and inspiring to me. Thank you to everybody who's helping me to follow a small dream and bring home a small slab of bacon every now and then!






BTW, as always, if you like this and want one for yourself, or something like it (or anything at all!!) I'm happy to accommodate. Making this little outfit was SO much FUN!

No comments: