Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stitchy Pictures

The stitchery extended past the card foldie. My bathroom is in the throes of redecoration (which has been going on for months, and is likely to remain a work in progress throughout our ownership) and was really itching for something on the walls. Until now, all I have had is a big mirror. Some simple embroidery that I saw on http://www.tinyhappy.typepad.com/ (which contains an abundance of adorable, quaint little things) gave me a small burst of inspiration.



As I mentioned before, I am severely limited in the area of embroidery. All you need to know for this project is how to thread a needle. I stitched some little flowers on a small piece of cloth, all in the colors of my bathroom, and then put them in a couple of cheap old frames that I painted. (I put an unruled, white 4x6 index card behind it to help with the color.) I didn't realize until later that the fabric (which was the last remnants of the stuff I used for my card foldie and bag lining) might clash with the wall, but it ended up being exactly the same color. Lucky!

Again, even tho I'm unfamiliar with the finer points of embroidery, I'm pleased with my results. Scrap fabric + embroidery floss + 4x6 cards + old frames + spare paint = less than $3 investment.