Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Product Review

8-25-2009
Yet another reason to love ALDI! My skin is terrible for a number of reasons. Among them: 1. acne that never goes away; 2. wrinkles are starting to show up; 3. a few months after I find something that works (mainly for acne), my skin develops a sort of tolerance to it and it stops working--forever.
I used to use Mary Kay oil free moisturizing gel, which was super. It made my skin feel like velvet without feeling heavy or greasy. The best part was that it did not exacerbate my acne. I hated the price (about $33/1 oz) but the product was worth it. But like everything else, my face let me down and it just quit working. My breakouts got worse, and my skin didn't feel as smooth when I put it on. BIG bummer.

But I found something else! It's the closest thing I have found to the Mary Kay gel moisturizer. It's Lacura Hydra Complete Cream with Sea Minerals. It's very lightweight, hasn't made me break out (I've been using it for about a month), and makes my skin feel very soft, but not oily or sticky. I love it! And the best part: it's $4.99 for 1.7 oz!!! There are not enough exclamation points in the world to tell you how excited that makes me!

Apparently Lacura is a multi-award winning product line, and they offer lots of products. So far I have also tried the Moisturizing eye cream with coenzyme Q10 and the Q10 Anti-wrinkle day cream. I can't say a lot about the eye cream because I haven't used many, but I do like that it moisturizes without feeling heavy or greasy. For that, I'd recommend it. (I don't have wrinkles around my eyes yet, but from the looks of my parentheses, I'm sure they're coming soon.) The day cream is a little too heavy for my face (which isn't saying it's "heavy"; I just need super-lightweight), but I'm going to use it on my neck and the backs of my hands, where it does a bang-up job of moisturizing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for letting us know. I have seen this skin care line at Aldi's and wondered how good it was. :)

Connie