Monday, August 31, 2009

My First Pin


Call it what you will--brooch, pin, rosette, pretty (if you're my 2 y/o)--I just LOVE these delicate little things. This is my first one. I'm planning to make more. Nick thinks they're tacky, because he thinks of pins and brooches as fine jewelry. But I think they're perfect for everyday embellishment of jackets, shirts, bags, etc. As intricate or as basic as you please, they're an easy and relaxing creative outlet (unless your thread tangles at the end of your border stitch and you have to redo the entire thing--AARRRR!).

Oh, by the way, I got a few embroidery books from the library. There are tons of little stitches, each with its own name or two, but in the end I think you can still do it however you want and be okay. However, I'm learning "right" ways, just for the fun of it.