Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yellow Gingham Swimsuit Cover

In further preparation for our upcoming camping trip, I put together a swimsuit cover today. It could also be worn as a skirt, but would need a slip underneath b/c it's very thin. This is clearance $1/yd fabric at WM, and I used about half the yard. Also used roughly a yard of my cheap lace to trim it.

It was exactly as easy at it looks. A couple of hems, a drawstring that I made from the same fabric, and some lace around the bottom. The "hardest" part was gathering the bottom part to fit the ungathered top part, but that's not so hard as it is just a pain in the butt.

It's a nice addition to my camping wardrobe, something to lounge around in between dips in the lake and to keep the booty covered while I chase around the baby. And if it gets messed up, hey, it cost only about $.65!

No comments: