Sunday, November 8, 2009

Can You Tell We've Been Baking?

My baking, which is usually just on yonder side of "Over the Top", took a backseat to the flu this past week. But today, between Nick and me, the kitchen was fairly busy. And what a lovely outcome: this stack of goodies.

Nick made chewy peanut butter brownies, and I made whoopie pies (officially my favorite cookie!) and BREAD! And for the first time that I can recall, it's SUPER SUPER GOOD!! I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to share the recipe (I tweaked this one) or put it in my secret collection of recipes that I will release only moments before my final breath. (My pasta sauce recipe is in there.) MAN, it is GOOD! Even Nick thinks so, and he's die-hard store-bought white bread. He said it passed the peanut butter and jelly test. I'm not sure a homemade bread--at least, never a wheat one--has ever done that. I'm impressed. And all still dairy free!




My parents-in-law were here this weekend, and we had a nice visit. Which was a nice respite from the work I've been doing, and will continue to hit hard all week, for the upcoming MOPS craft show this weekend, to be held at the Burnside Christian Church in Burnside, IL. If you're local, definitely check it out. I understand there will be treats. I think I'll be providing some, actually. Hmm, maybe some... whoopie pies?? We'll have to see. :) Anyway, coming soon: pics of some of the things I've been making for the show. Whatever doesn't sell is going in my Etsy shop when I get back. Stay tuned!

No comments: