Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My 1st Serger Project!

Did I mention that my wonderful husband gave me a serger for our anniversary??
There's definitely a learning curve to it, but luckily I usually fall on the good side of those. :P

This is officially the first project I have made using my new machine. My friend, who has an adorable little daughter, wanted an apron knot dress with matching pants.

She was going to get it from a talented Etsy seller who makes lots of baby clothing, but the timing was too crunched. Being much less busy than the average professional seamstress (I'm guessing, seeing as how I'm not one), she asked me if I could make one by the weekend.

Must be my daughter's propensity for only wearing things with hoods and pockets, but I'd totally missed this cute little trend in toddler clothing. Nevertheless, it's not a hard dress to replicate, so as soon as she gave me the material and an outfit that fit Little G already, I got to work!

The whole outfit took only a few hours (like... 3-5, including bathroom breaks and boo-boo emergencies), and I'm very happy with the results!

HOPEFULLY my daughter, with her bouncy blonde curls and brown doe eyes, will decide to stop dressing like she's going on a hike when she sees this outfit! :D

No comments: