Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Charlie, brought to you by BurdaStyle, Free of Charge!

I have found Burdastyle.com to be helpful on more than one occasion; from techniques and tutorials to free patterns (as well as ones you pay for) and a great community, they're just great all around.
One of their free patterns is for the Charlie Bag, which was originally meant to be a stylish reusable grocery bag. I loved the look of this bag, so I used it to make a large trendy tote.

I also ran up a matching envelope that I wanted to be the right size for a few diapers and wipes, but it's way too big so it'll store a change of kids' clothing, too. Which is okay, because the bag is pretty big, so it all fits!

I couldn't be happier with this bag set, and perhaps the best part is that the fabric to make it--between the Salvation Army and the Evil Empire--was less than $4.50!!
Hey, ya know, I think that may be a little expensive compared to my usual projects!! :D

No comments: