Monday, December 14, 2009

Cowgirls Don't Cry: Simplicity 3680

I could NOT be happier with my most recent pattern project! A MOPS friend asked me to make a cowgirl outfit for her niece's Christmas present, and when I got to looking thru patterns for ideas I came across the most adorable, practical pattern I could ever have imagined for little girls!
Their examples are a witch, a disco girl, a pirate, a cowgirl, and a fairy, but I think you could make this pattern into anything just by changing the motif of the fabric. I love it! And it's SO easy! This just might be the quickest, easiest pattern I've ever used.
The belt is not attached to the dress. The brown skirt is. I left the fringe off because I pride myself on turning out a quality product for LESS than an arm and leg, and fringe is expensive!! So I cut some into the faux suede upper skirt with pinking shears.
I'm not even going to wait for the compliments! Cute, Cute, Cute! Rhyl has asked for the Tinkerbell version. Not sure when, but she will have it!

No comments: