Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Ribbon Necklace

I am in love with these necklaces! They illustrate the beauty there is in simplicity, which is just about my favorite design guideline. Sure, I love ruffles and crazy seams and patterns just as much as the next girl (well, maybe not JUST as much, but still quite a lot), but there's something refreshing in simplicity.

Ribbons and beads. That's all!
Unless you count the thread--and if you must count the thread, you're just being tedious--or add a clasp, which I did for this one. I like them tied behind my neck in a little bow, but this one isn't for me so I decided to be a bit more professional.
Because it's a gift, I won't tell you just how much it cost, but at 29 cents/yd for the ribbon and a few bucks for the beads, lets just say, it's one of my most impressive "It's the Thought that Counts" gifts. These are the gifts that it's REALLY hard not to keep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I really like this necklace..so cute...I may have to let you make me one. :) LOL

Connie