Monday, October 20, 2008

Blue Hanging Organizer and Matching Snap Bags


I got this idea from ReadyMade Magazine. The organizer is very very easy to make--just sew smaller rectangles of fabric onto one large rectangle. They say to use grommets to hang over door hooks, but I just made loops out of the fabric that I used for the organizer. For this one, I added a strap and handles on the back so that you can roll it up, secure it, and take it with you. Then I made matching small bags with snaps for further organization. Love it! This is a Christmas present for one of my sisters. I bought nothing new to make this--it was all stuff I had on hand. I think that most of the fabric came from an estate auction where I got a ton of stuff for $7, so the total cost, literally, was pennies. And time, of course, but it's not as time consuming as you'd think.

No comments: