Friday, November 7, 2008

Creme and Green Tote

Anybody know the difference between "cream" and "creme"? I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Anyway...

This is a lined tote bag I've made to sell at the craft show. There's nothing too special about it--it's just pretty. The green fabric was in my late grandmother's stash, and I probably have 4 yards or more of it. The creme colored stuff is something I found at WM for $1/yd. It's nice: light yellowish linen with white cotton strings woven thru it. (Just be careful not to pull the strings, or you'll have a run!) There will be a matching wallet for this, b/c it doesn't have any pockets.
This bag has a flat bottom, achieved by folding the corners in in triangles and securing them to the bottom of the bag. I really like the look of french seams, mainly b/c it resembles boning, which is nowhere to be found in my little town or the surrounding area. Gives it a nice, crisp look.
Not to stray too far from the original purpose of this blog, I'll add the cost to construct: about 50 cents, total, maybe less b/c there's quite a bit of the creme fabric leaft over, which is the only thing I spent money on for this project. It took about an hour to make, probably, maybe a little more.

2 comments:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

I had a typo on the other comment that I deleted. I just couldn't stand it. :)

I love these bags. How did you do at the craft sale?

I wish I could sew as well as you. I am trying to find some "practice" fabric to work on.