Sunday, August 15, 2010

Etsy Shop Update: Satin Rosette & Peacock Feather Cuff

Here it is:


My parents have peacocks* and my mother is kind enough to pick up after them as their feathers fall out. Somehow the bag of feathers kept getting closer and closer to my bucket of beads and bracelet supplies, until I finally put two and two together and cranked out this beautiful piece which is, honestly, a little hard to sell! It's stunning, and I plan to make one for myself when I have more time.

I absolutely love it, which means that you're sure to as well. And that's why I've added it to my Etsy shop!

Happy Shopping!

*Back story on the peacocks: My parents did not choose to have these noisy birds. The thing is, they feed their flocks and their new neighbors do not. That's how you acquire a number of animals who are capable of wondering the countryside! By simply taking care of their own poultry and fowl, they are now the caretakers of these majestic, albeit LOUD, peacocks who leave their beautiful feathers all over the place. And that's how I got them! So, rest easy knowing that no animals were harmed in the acquisition of these crafty accents. Much to the contrary--they are spoiled rotten. :D

No comments: