Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rhyl's Green & White Pillowcase Dress

I cannot get Little Miss into this today, which is fine, because it'll be clean for the trip to Minnesota this weekend. This is made from the remnants of the $1/yd WM fabrics that I bought originally for my skirt, which turned into my new bag. I used the same white material, which is textured (I don't know the proper name for it), for the ribbons, pocket, and bottom tier.

I have a couple dozen butterfly appliques (which are VERY pretty and I put them on everything they'll go with!) left from my last order from Home-Sew, Inc. (http://www.homesew.com/) which were really cheap. I love how the pocket turned out--now I'm wishing I'd paid more attn and put it on straight! All in all, this dress cost me maybe half an hour and less than $1! And I'm just tickled with it!

No comments: